Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2009

Karl Mikolka in hospital!

www.ultimatedressage.com

The message was posted by REX:

I just got the following from a friend. 

For those of you who have asked about Karl and his condition , please see below from Lynn. Prayers, please, for both of them. I am thinking that we might be able to help a little with what I know will be financial worries if people would be able/willing to make a donation to send on to Lynn to help while he is working through the chemo. Whatever you might be able to contribute would be appreciated and helpful. I will, with your permission, consolidate the funds if you would like to send them on to me, and send them on in a single check to Lynn along with your names, as I know that you are all praying for him and for them. Cherie 

Karl was admitted today and will begin chemotherapy tomorrow. The chemotherapy will consist of 5 different drugs at once (cytoxan, adriamycin, vincristine, prednisone and rituxon). The cancer has been diagnoses as an agressive, rapid-growing large-cell non-hodgkins lymphoma. We have been warned against the possible risks including heart damage, bladder-bleeding and bone marrow supression. Do we have a choice???? He is taking it much better than I. I am numb from worry and exhaustion and feel helpless. He's at the East Campus of Beth Israel in Boston, Feldberg 7th floor, room 785. Please share this information with Karl's students and well-wishers as you see fit.
 

Karl's business address is P.O. Box 388, Rockport, MA 01966. The e-mail was sent from ( twasbrilag@aol.com ) 

I am at a loss for words. 

Rex

13 Kommentare:

  1. This is terrible news, I have taken at least 3 of these poisons! Adriamycin was the worst. It was red in color and it did BURN. Karl is in my prayers. So is Lynn. Karl has been very kind to me in the past. My last cancer was in 1997, before that 1987.

    KARL and LYNN Please take care of yourselves, Karl get lots of rest! Rest means Resting!

    Hugs

    Marcia Miner
    TX

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I am so sorry to hear this. Mr. MIkolka has my prayers-- but I know he has the prayers of so many people he has personally touched. The good news is that they have done a lot to balance the effect of the various chemicals used for chemotherapy-- I know it isn't as difficult as it was just ten years ago, and so many people recover their viogor and do quite well. Beth Israel is an excellent hospital. I hope Mr. Mikolka has the best possible response.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This is really bad news. A non-hodgkins lymphoma is quite something. Let's hope for the best.

    Andreas, he should be mentioned in the list of Oberbereiters of the SRS! Can you try to arrange this, somehow?

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Was Karl to take treatments and then go home? I was just on the phone with a student of his and she stated she called the hospital and he is home. Does anybody have an update?

    Marcia

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Marcia,
    I don't know if Karl is home or not, but my mother is undergoing chemo right now. I take her to the center everyday, we are there a few hours while she gets the meds and then I bring her home. So maybe Karl is doing the same thing as an out patient.
    My thoughts are with him in his fight against cancer, but he is a warrior and will fight hard.

    Romy

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. My last Chemo was over 10 years ago and thank heavens many things have changed since that time. Mine was in my doctors office, a bunch of us in a room, mine took about 2 hours to administer and then 10 hours later I was so sick I stayed in the bathroom or close to it. Most of the time the next 2 days I was out of it. Now they have much better medicines to help with the sickness. I do remember silly things, everything I COULD not eat. I used plastic knives and forks because everything tasted like metal and it was over 1 year before I could have a COKE. I real coke.

    I wish for him a speedy recovery! He is a strong man. God Bless!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Oh no! Is there any way to get in touch with Lynn? I live close by and will be happy to help out any way I can, perhaps they need someone to drive, or to pick something up for them.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Many many healing thoughts and prayers to Karl. Karl, you are a fighter and very strong. You will beat this disease! You are the "Master of the Whip" I once recall hearing, so you can pick up your whip and send this thing packing!!!!! Wishing you sunshine and happy days. Best to you and Lynn.
    -Nancy and Klassic

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Karl is home from the hospital after being there for an infection from the biopsy site. He seems to be in good spirits and is so appreciative at all the support and concerns that the horse world has shown him! That's OUR KARL- always moving forward!
    All that are interested in participating in financial assistance for Karl and Lynn- please contact me so that I can put you in contact with Cherie Beatty who is doing an absolutely fabulous job of organizing Karl Mikolka Support Team and Funds!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Anyone interested in getting well wishes to Karl should please contact Cherie Beatty at twasbrilag@aol.com. Cherie has been graciously keeping all of our warm wishes being sent to Karl and giving us updates as they are available. I can happily say that Karl is thrilled with the wonderful kindness shown by so many friends and supporters of his work.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Sincere best wishes to Karl & his family, friends & helpers during this very difficult time.

    From
    José
    Wales UK

    AntwortenLöschen