Donnerstag, 10. Februar 2011

Manolo Mendez Article

Below is a link to a well written Manolo Mendez article articulating his position why a horse should be ridden in a supple and tension free way. He articulates his case from a biomechanical viewpoint using non-technical terms and illustrative examples to tie classical principals to biomechanics. He also provides general training tips, an exercise to assess balance and suppleness and discusses what he looks for in the way horses travel and carry themselves in determining the quality of the work.

The article does a good job balancing removing jargon while still having substance.

http://issuu.com/toplineinkpress/docs/toplineink_the_back_manolomendezfinal1

3 Kommentare:

  1. Thank you for posting this.

    I have never met Mr.Mendez, or seen him riding. But I have heard very positive stories about him. And I really like his pictures and his philosophy.

    He is one of the founding riders of the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art in Jerez. Together with men like Alvaro Domecq and Javier Garcia Romero. As the story is correct, he was awarded by the SRS with a medal for his efforts to maintain the classical art of riding.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Atjan,

    Do you have any idea of what that medal looked like? I recently bought a Spanish Riding School medal at auction and I'd like to authenticate it, if I can.

    Thanks
    Eileen

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hello, it was not a medal but a "gold whip". I have seen it and it is really a long cane with a gold pommel. I cannot recall if it had any writing on it. I am sure if you sent a picture of your medal to the SRS office, they would happily authenticate it for you.

    AntwortenLöschen