Montag, 21. Juli 2008

R.I.P. SP

 With a sad, heavy heart, I'm back on the boards
 
Dear, dear SP was put down on the afternoon of Saturday 28th June 2008.
 
He was the unexpected arrival in October 2003 from Ragyogo1 who I'd bought as a riding mare in the March - a far from unfamiliar occurance today, from what I understand.
 
He came in on 15th of May with an evident problem, lifting his off hind leg high, not as though indicating colic pain or a laminitic shuffle.  Inspite of all attempts, the underlying problem was undiagnoised by 2 vet practices
 
Dear, dear pony - he'd captured my heart & given us all so much joy!
 
He's sadly missed by everyone but could not be allowed to suffer.
 
What a nightmare!
 
He was surrounded by so much love & support ,,, there was no truma for him even at the end of his suffering.  As I said "sweet dreams" to him, he'd got a shine on his coat & a twinkle in his eye that many a show person would be proud of.
 
The dear young lady who helped us through this was so upset herself yet so able in her professional responsibilities.
 
Not unsuprisingly, I'm in pieces, yet, amazingly overwhelmed by the love & support that's surrounded us ,,,  & continues.
 
What a bally experience!
 
Dear, dear pony!
 
Please R.I.P. SP

3 Kommentare:

  1. Dear Jose,   The SP I met on top of that windy Welsh hilltop was an  absolute charmer.  I am so truly sorry that he had to leave you so soon.     Take good care of yourself my friend,   Karen  [and Roderick.]     

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Jose, I'm so sorry you lost him. Hugs to you. Rest in peace, SP!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Jose, I'm so sorry about the loss of one so dear to you. It's so hard to say goodbye, yet it was the kindest and bravest thing you could do for your friend.

    I hope in time the good memories you have of SP will ease the grief of his passing.

    Sending thoughts of support and sympathy from Michigan ~

    jorie (and Conversano Blanca I)

    AntwortenLöschen