Sonntag, 25. November 2007

M. Basowizza at Piber. Photo's....

Dear Atjan,
Thank you for sharing the  beautiful series pix of   [ my  SRS 'Lieblingspferd, ' ]
"Baso" taken at Piber.  I was out there in September.  If he had been at liberty in the paddock next to my room at "Bardels," an entire  team of elephants couldn't have dragged me away.  At least I got to tickle Mantua's nose on my visit....just like the legendary S. Mantua Eins,  BASO has something special about him. He is so graceful and intelligent. Years  ago,  I used to look down in admiration  at Baso thru the window at the Stallburg,  who   in those days,  I remember seeing being groomed  by Marcus  Nowotny, who is now a Bereiter.  It seems such  a shame that since the Stallburg modernisation, the viewing window has been lost....
 
I am sure that Hausi, naturally,   is blown away by these pictures of one of his long time companions. Wow !!!      Thank you Atjan, you have made my day !
 
Q. -  For Hausi and Atjan, Jorie and anyone else there...from the SRS rider and from  the observers point of view,  how was the grand event in Paris this weekend ?  Enjoy Rotterdam next  weekend...you lucky devils !!!
 
All the best,
Karen MacKenzie,
Manchester, England.
 
ps. Is there any chance Andreas, can you get some shots of F. Dubowina to share with us please? 

2 Kommentare:

  1. Hello Karen,

    The pictures are really impressive, don't you think? I suppose you once have seen the performance of M.Basowizza in the IMAX-movie " Majestic White Horses"? He was still dappled then....

    The link to the Lipizzaners of Piber on website of Christine Slawik is:

    http://slawik.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=64534

    There you can also see the (unfortunately last) pictures of Pluto Presciana. At the age of 28 !! He died shortly after the breeding season....
    But.... there are 25 foals of him to come in 2008!

    Best regards,
    Atjan

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi Atjan,   Many thanks to you for the link to the Piber photo's.  Absolutely stunning.  I love the ones of Presciana taken in the courtyard of the Schloss.   Some seven years ago, Baso was ridden by Herr Kottas on the UK Tour. He was first horse into the arena on the entrance parade and ridden by Kottas in 'all steps.'  Hausi in this performance was on S. Narenta.  I sat in the arena enthralled at the stallions  beauty and Kottas's amazing seat.   Yes, I have seen Maj White Horses.  [ I must update it to DVD. ]  Baso has only gone white in the last two years hasn't he.   I also read your amazing report on Paris.  I know that you will treasure that memory forever !   Have fun in Rotterdam and once again Atjan, huge thanks for sharing the pictures.
      All the best, Karen    
    Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you
    with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now.

    AntwortenLöschen